Ships that have been requisitioned as auxiliaries
Official Number: 128872
Builder: Wm Dobson & Co Ltd, Walker-on-Tyne
Launched: 10 January 1910
Into Service: 18 March 1915 and October 1940
Out of service: 22 March 1919 and 1 September 1942
Fate: Scrapped 1956
One of an additional group of ships requisitioned by the Admiralty during WW1 and WW2 to augment the ships of the RFA
10 January 1910 launched by Wm Dobson & Co Ltd, Walker-on-Tyne as Yard Nr 166 named HODDER for Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Co, Goole.
February 1910 completed
18 March 1915 requisitioned by the Admiralty for service as a Cable Vessel, name unchanged. Was based at Scapa Flow and laid cables to all of the Orkney naval installations from the shore base HMS IMPERICUS, plus connections in the Shetlands and also linked the islands across the Pentland Firth to the mainland.
22 March 1919 returned to her owners
1 January 1922 owners became London & North West Railway Co, Goole, name unchanged
1 January 1923 owners became London, Midland & Scottish Railway Co, Goole name unchanged
May 1935 owners became Associated Humber Lines, Goole name unchanged
25 June 1940 sailed Southend to Methil in convoy FN205 arriving on 27 June 1940
10 July 1940 sailed Southend to Yarmouth Roads in convoy CW3 arriving the next day
15 July 1940 sailed Southend to Methil in convoy FN223 arriving on 17 July 1940
19 July 1940 sailed Methil to Southend in convoy FS226 arriving on 21 July 1940
25 July 1940 sailed Soutend to Falmouth in convoy CW8 arriving on 29 July 1940
31 July 1940 sailed Falmouth in convoy CE8 to Southend on 5 August 1940
October 1940 again requisitioned by the Admiralty, name unchanged
1941 brought fish from Iceland to the U.K.
1 September 1942 returned to her owners
21 October 1942 sailed Methil to Loch Ewe in convoy EN153 (series 2) arriving on 24 October 1942
3 April 1942 sailed Methil to Loch Ewe in convoy EN212 (series 2) arriving on 5 April 1943
15 November 1956 arrived Dunston-on-Tyne for demolition by Clayton & Davie Ltd.