Builder: Swan Hunter and Wigham Richardson, Wallsend
Yard No: 230
Launched: 17th August 1898
Tonnage: 8,747 grt
Length: 470 feet
Beam: 56 feet
Machinery: Triple expansion engine, single shaft.
Speed: 12 knots
Built for Elder Dempster and Co, Liverpool as the Cargo Ship ‘Mount Royal’, and acquired by the Royal Navy in 1914 for conversion to the Dummy Battleship ‘HMS Marlborough, she was converted again in 1915 to the Tanker ‘RFA Rangol’, and renamed ‘RFA Mapleleaf’ in 1916 under the management of Lane and MacAndrews until 1920, when she was sold to British Tankers (BP) and renamed ‘British Maple’.
The ship was broken up at Rosyth in December 1932.