RFA City of Oxford
Builder: Barclay Curle and Co, Whiteinch, Glasgow.
Yard No: 307
Launched: 13th June 1882
Tonnage: 4,019 grt
Length: 400 feet
Beam: 43.2 feet
Built for George Smith and Co, Glasgow as named, the ship was sold to City Line in 1913 with the name unchanged and was acquired by the Admiralty in 1914 for the Dummy Battleship project, she was converted as ‘HMS St Vincent’ by Harland & Wolff at Belfast. The conversion was completed by 4 December 1914 and she sailed to Scapa Flow arriving three days later.
From July 1915 the ship was again converted to, and served as a Kite Balloon Ship, later a store ship.
‘RFA City of Oxford’ was bought by Ellerman and Bucknall Co, London in 1919, she was broken up at La Spezia in November 1924.